Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm posting this a day early. I still don't have a digital camera (look for me to get one around Christmas time) and then I'll be a real blogger.

Because this is a time for gratitude, I guess it's only natural that I'm feeling grateful for the gifts in my life. This year, I've been able to purchase a great condo that I love to decorate. I've also been blessed with the ability to go to school and get an education. I'm currently pursuing a masters in Instructional Technology and although its the hardest thing I've ever done, I genuinely love the things I'm learning and can't wait to start applying my skills in the real world. I'm grateful for my job as a job coach trainer that I can honestly say I love and that there are never enough hours in the day to do the job justice.

But most importantly, at this time of year, I'm grateful for my family. Having gone through a period in my life when I didn't want to be around them and didn't appreciate them for who they were, what a blessing it is that my Heavenly Father helped me to see and appreciate them. I prefer spending time with my family over any other activity. I was blessed to live with Amber, Kamal, & Krish for one year before buying my condo, and it was great for me to witness the family unit in action 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are a tremendous example to me of service, sacrifice, and family unity. I love rejoicing in our triumps and sorrowing in our tragedies. I get to spend the day with all of them tomorrow and I can't wait!

No comments: